The ultimate Grudge and Pro Street Nitrous legal Chromoly tube frame is now available only at DME Racing. The DME Chromoly frame is constructed of 4130 Chromoly steel and 6061 aluminum CNC bent tubing. Our lightweight frame weighs in at only 19lbs, giving serious racers a 12 to 16-pound weight savings.
- Suzuki Hayabusa / G2- G2 – G3
- Suzuki GSX-R1000 / 2007-2008
- Suzuki GSX-R1000 / 2005-2006
- For Cut Seat Rails only
- 4130 Chromoly Steel and 6061 Aluminum Construction.
- Lightweight Design.
- CNC Bent Tubing.
- Each frame is handcrafted.
- Shifter Top Mount included.
- Short neck design to accommodate tire clearance.
- Uses all factory components.
- Built with offset frame slugs for stroker motor.
- Titanium rear engine and suspension bolts included.
- Each frame is stamped with a unique serial number.
- XDA Pro Street Nitrous legal frame.
- Race Proven.
- Made in the USA.
- Cannot be used with Air Ducts
- Designed for Robinson Bearing Support
NOTES – HAYABUSA
- Chromoly frame weight: 19 lbs.
- Stock Hayabusa frame weight: 35.1 lbs.
- Stock lighten Hayabusa frame weight: 31.2 lbs.
- Rake: 23 degrees
NOTES – GSX-R1000
- Chromoly frame weight: 14.5 lbs.
- Stock GSX-R1000 frame weight: 27 lbs.
About 4130 Chromoly Steel
4130 steel, an alloy steel – which is commonly known as Chromoly, contains the following alloying agents: 0.28- to 0.33% carbon, 0.4- to 0.6% manganese, 0.8- to 1.1% chromium, 0.15- to 0.25% molybdenum, 0.04% phosphorous, 0.04% sulfur, and 0.15- to 0.35% silicon. The other 95-plus% is made up of good old-fashioned iron. Now, there are hundreds of kinds of steel, but 4130 finds its way into bike frames because, among other attributes, of its weldability, formability, strength, ductility, and toughness.
Chromoly is an abbreviation for chromium-molybdenum, indicating the materials that the steel is alloyed with. The added chromium helps increase the hardenability of the steel and provides some corrosion resistance, and the molybdenum helps to increase the toughness of the steel. It has high tensile strength but is also malleable, which is what gives our frames their notorious ride quality and feel. Chromoly is often used when more strength is required than that of mild carbon steel.
Chromoly is much stronger than traditional 1020 steel, and it has a higher strength-to-weight ratio and high tensile strength, which means we can use less material and achieve a product that can withstand the abuse that riders love to throw at it.
About 6061 Aluminum
Pure aluminum has properties that are fixed, in other words, permanent. These properties include strength, malleability, durability, melting point and others. An alloy such as 6061 aluminum is the combination of the pure aluminum metal with other alloying elements, creating the aluminum alloy hybrid material. The blending of the properties of the various elements produces a stronger, more durable, and more flexible metal that may be used for particular purposes. When aluminum is alloyed with different metals, its strength can come close to the strength of many steel alloys but remain lightweight.
The various advantageous properties of 6061 aluminum, including 6061 aluminum plate and 6061 aluminum tooling plate, include toughness and structural strength, solid corrosion resistance, good surface finish, machinability, resistance to seawater and atmosphere, weldability, and the ability to be joined. Many other types of aluminum alloys are difficult to weld, resulting from their chemical composition and poor conductivity.