DME Racing Now Hiring – Construction Laborer
Are you interested in managing unique construction projects? Do you enjoy solving problems and working independently? Are you looking for job that allows you to be involved in a project from estimating to closeout? If so, this position may be a great fit for you!
DME Racing is currently seeking an experienced skilled Construction Laborer with leadership skills to manage and complete projects between Winston-Salem and Mocksville, NC.
We are a growing company looking for a multi-talented skilled Construction Laborer that wants to be a team player who will do whatever it takes to win for you, your team and the organization. We are a close-knit family-oriented environment who is looking for someone with the ability to grind it out every day knowing that hard work is rewarded.
Job Responsibility Basics
Applicant must be hard working, independent, mechanical, detailed, and trustworthy.
Must be comfortable working without close supervision, neat appearance, basic mechanical skills, a positive attitude, and be well rounded in construction processes, including: Carpentry, construct and repair building frameworks and structures, install siding and drywall, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Complete tasks start to finish, including set up and clean up tasks at the work site.
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in site development and utility construction work.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Reads and understands blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Checks materials prior to fabrication to assure they meet specifications.
- Measures, marks, and scribes’ dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining and fabrication.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as saws, drills, grinders, and shapers.
- Fabricates, assembles, builds and shapes materials to prescribed measurements and tolerances using cutting tools, drills, sanders, mixers and other process equipment.
- Verifies dimensions and trueness of assembly to specifications with precision measuring instruments.
- Completes process paperwork and documentation as required to include inventory, safety and quality documents.
- Safely operates cutting and shaping equipment, power tools, hand tools and other process equipment.
- Assembles all tools, materials and consumables necessary to efficiently complete fabrication efforts.
Education and Experience
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Trade School Certification is desired, but not needed.
- 10+ years of construction experience, or any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Valid Driver’s License
Physical Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects of 75 lbs.
- Must be able to pass random drug tests.
We offer competitive wages, solid career opportunities, a large backlog of work & fantastic growth potential. The pay range is $16 – $26/hr, based on experience and a 90-day review.
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Bonus pay
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability