Suzuki GS1150 (1984-1986) Fiberglass Bodywork
- DFX-100 / Body Funnybike
- DFX-101 / Body Pro Stock 68″ Wheelbase for 9″ Tire
- DFX-102 / Body Pro Comp 70-72″ Wheelbase for 10″ Tire
- DFX-103 / Body Pro Comp 76″ Wheelbase for 10″ Tire
- DFX-108 / Body Pro Stock V&H 68″ Wheelbase
- DFX-105 / Tail +8″
- DFX-105.23 / Tail +23″ – Not Pictured
- DFX-93 / Fairing – GS1150ES
- DFX-99 / Tank Shell
- DFX-96 / Fender 5.375″
- DFX-97 / Fender 6″
- DFX-94 / Fenderette – Not Pictured
- DFX-95 / Fenderette
- DFX-191.5 / Seat Base Pro Stock V&H – Not Pictured
ABOUT THE SUZUKI GS1150
Running from 1984 to 1986, the 124hp @ 8500rpm Suzuki GS1150E was the fastest production machine made at that time. The engine was both air and oil-cooled, and of course, with a now par-for-the-course 16-valve head.
The long and heavy motorcycle lost some of the agility of its predecessors, but the engine won general applause from all the road tests at the time. Its relatively short run was because of improving and superior competition from its competitors from the other ‘Big Three’ manufacturers.
FiberX General Fitment and Finish Notes
- FiberX products come in a raw finish, allowing the customers to paint or clear coat parts as they prefer.
- FiberX products come undrilled to accommodate various aftermarket bracket options for mounting.
- Mounting hardware NOT included.
- Windscreens are not included with any FiberX bodies. At DME Racing, we use Zero Gravity windscreens for all our bodies. In some cases, specialty-built windscreens are required for fitment. If you wish to add a windscreen to your order and the option is not currently listed on the product page, please contact us directly.
- Made in the USA
FiberX Bodywork Wheelbase Measurements
Please note that when referring to bodywork wheelbase measurements, we are measuring from the neck to the point where the fenderette begins at the end of the tail area. It is important to keep in mind that not all bodywork will have a launderette, but the wheelbase measurement is taken from the same general area.
Features and Benefits of FiberX Fiberglass
Fiberglass is a composite material made of fine glass fibers woven together and embedded in a polymer resin. When used in vehicle bodywork, fiberglass offers several advantages:
- Aerodynamic Excellence: Bodywork is precision-engineered to enhance the aerodynamic performance of motorcycles, significantly reducing drag and increasing speed. Each curve and contour is optimized for drag racing applications, ensuring racers slice through the air with minimal resistance.
- Weight Optimization: FiberX fiberglass bodywork is exceptionally lightweight, offering racers improved power-to-weight ratios. The reduction in weight allows for faster acceleration and greater agility on the track, giving racers a distinct competitive advantage.
- Strength: Despite being lightweight, fiberglass is strong and durable, making it a suitable choice for motorcycle drag racing applications. It can withstand impact and resist corrosion.
- Flexibility: Fiberglass can be molded into various shapes and designs, allowing for creative and aerodynamic body designs. It can also be easily customized and modified to suit the builder’s preferences.
- Repairable: These bodywork components are built to withstand the rigorous demands of motorcycle drag racing. The high-quality fiberglass materials ensure exceptional strength, durability, and longevity, even in the most intense racing conditions.