The DME Racing brake caliper delete spacer with sensor mount is designed for grudge bikes with their rear brake removed for drag racing applications. Our spacer fills that gap left after removing the caliper while still allowing Gen2 models to mount the factory wheel speed sensor.
This product is NOT designed for street riding. If you are installing this product, you are essentially eliminating your rear brakes and the stopping ability of your motorcycle.
- Kawasaki ZX-14 / All Years (Only the Gen2 utilizes the factory speed sensor)
- 25mm through hole
- Available in Raw aluminum or Black Anodized
- Less rotating mass
- Machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Made in the USA
What is a Rear Caliper Delete Spacer?
For a motorcycle, a Rear Caliper Delete Spacer is a spacer or adapter used to replace a motorcycle’s rear brake caliper assembly used in certain customizations or modifications of motorcycles.
- Rear Caliper: The caliper is critical to a motorcycle’s braking system. It houses the brake pads and squeezes them against the brake disc (rotor) to create friction and slow down the motorcycle.
- Spacer or Adapter: In the context of a “caliper delete spacer,” this refers to a custom-designed spacer or adapter that fills the space left vacant when the rear caliper is removed.
- Delete: The term “delete” refers to the removal of a particular component, in this case, the rear caliper.
Motorcycle enthusiasts or customizers might consider removing the rear caliper for various reasons, such as aesthetics, weight reduction, or as part of a specific custom design. However, removing the rear caliper without proper consideration for the braking system’s performance and safety implications could be risky, as it would compromise the motorcycle’s braking efficiency.
Braking systems are critical for rider safety, and any modifications should be done thoughtfully and responsibly to ensure the continued safe operation of the motorcycle.