- Suzuki GSX-R1000 2000-2008
- Suzuki Hayabusa – All Years
- Kawasaki ZX-14R – All Years
(All other Makes and Models, please call for availability & Pricing)
THE choice for drag racers and serious street/grudge racers. The 8983 and 8987 AIR Shock is the most versatile and top-performing motorcycle shock. The AIR Shock offers an infinite amount of adjustability options through external adjusters and a tunable air chamber for spring rate (see above graph for spring rate examples).
The concept of an air shock is not new.
We decided to take the concept to a new level. One of the most common complaints with drag shocks is stiffness versus plush suspension feel. On other shock absorbers, in order to plant the tire you need to use enough spring pressure to do so and have the valving to control it, the tradeoff is it feels too stiff to a rider and is too stiff everywhere else on the track giving up much-needed power added.
The Penske Pro Air Drag Shock eliminates this trade-off with our two separate air chambers. One chamber controls ride height and the plush feel, while the other controls launch stiffness and bottoming resistance. This allows you to leave the line hard yet still maintain control on gear changes and bumpy track surfaces.
Inside the air spring system is our race-proven hydraulic piggyback shocks. Based on years of development, this patent-pending shock absorber uses a volume of nitrogen or air to create the needed suspension spring rate and maintains a traditional hydraulic shock absorber at heart.
Dual-stage air effect technology allows the user to independently tune ride height and spring rate for the ultimate in customization to track conditions and riding style. Imagine having a traditional spring shock, a whole truckload of springs, and imagine that you can change them in a few seconds without removing the shock. Any Spring rate combination for any track condition, bike wheelbase, and rider combo in just a few minutes. Now imagine you can’t feel any of the harsh friction of the spring and that you won’t notice any hard bottoming out of the chassis.
- Comes standard with Double Adjustable Damping (1 Compression, 1 Rebound)
- Optional Triple Adjustable Damping (2 Compression (hi-lo), 1 Rebound)
- Easy to Grab and Adjust Compression and Rebound Knobs
- Auxiliary Air Chamber to Allow Independent Tuning of Spring Rate Progression
- Low-Friction Seals and Wipers for Low Breakaway Force
- WC/C Coated Inner Tube for Added Durability and Low-Friction
- Carbon Fiber Guard
- Reduced Suspension Weight
- Progressive/Digressive Air Spring Effect not Achievable with Standard Coil Springs
- Infinite Adjustment of Spring Rate and Ride Height
- Proven Race Winning Components