The DME Racing Tire Hugger is a one-piece design that covers the section over the rear tire to protect your motorcycle from rubber and debris.
- Weight is 1.25 lbs.
- Made of Fiberglass
- These huggers are unpainted bodywork and should be painted before installation.
- Huggers do not have pre-drill holes.
- Mounting screws are included, except for the chain guard side.
- If you have a chromoly swingarm you will need a flat slick tire hugger for it to fit.
- Made in the USA
- Street: 8.25″ W x 10.75″ H
- Slick: 9.25″ W x 12″ H
What is a Motorcycle Tire Hugger?
The tire hugger is designed to hug the rear tire closely and provide minimal coverage, hence the name. It is often made of lightweight materials such as fiberglass or carbon fiber to keep it sleek and aerodynamic. The main advantage of a tire hugger is that it improves the overall aesthetic appeal of the motorcycle by giving it a more streamlined and sporty look.
In addition to enhancing the appearance, a tire hugger can also protect the motorcycle’s rear suspension components, shock absorber, and exhaust system from road debris, dirt, and water splashes that the rear tire may kick up.
It’s worth noting that tire huggers are more commonly found on sport bikes and naked bikes where a minimalist and aggressive look is desired. Cruiser motorcycles and other types of bikes may have different rear fender designs that serve different purposes, such as providing more coverage and protection.