Vanson Leathers Universal Engine Diaper is designed specifically for sportbikes. Designed for easy installation and removal, this product can retain an engine’s full oil supply while preventing case fragments from being deposited beneath the rear tire.
- Universal – Fits most Japanese dragbikes
- Measured flat, the Bottom is 21″ l x 13″ w
- The mesh bag holds absorbent material which can be replaced. Suggested refills are commonly available from auto supply stores. (3M Oil Pig cloths)
- Brass hardware
- Composite diaper – Nomex/ARAMID/FR-polyester/Cordura
- Easy Install
- Quick Removal
- Weighs 19 ounces
- Made in the U.S.A.
- This diaper will NOT fit stock motorcycles with a street-style exhaust system. You must run a sidewinder and a flat billet oil pan.
XDA / Man Cup Approved
- An Engine Restraint is required in Pro Street, Real Street, Pro Xtreme, Bulls and 4.60 Index classes.
- Man Cup requires an Engine Restraint in all classes.
What is the Function of an Engine Diaper?
An engine diaper, also known as an engine containment system or engine containment device, is a safety component designed to prevent debris and fluids from escaping in the event of engine failure or a serious accident. It is commonly used in high-performance racing vehicles, such as dragsters, funny cars, and certain types of race cars.
In high-speed racing, particularly with powerful engines, there is a risk of catastrophic engine failure, which can lead to parts of the engine or other components being expelled at high velocity. The engine diaper is a specialized barrier made from strong and heat-resistant materials that surround the bottom of the engine, extending to cover the sides and front of the engine. In case of an engine failure, the diaper is intended to contain any flying debris, broken parts, or fluids within the protective enclosure, reducing the risk of harm to the driver, other vehicles, or spectators.
The engine diaper is just one of several safety measures used in motorsports to minimize the potential hazards associated with high-speed racing.