DME Racing’s CarbonX Lower Engine Restraint weighs less than a pound and was designed in-house. Our custom-molded carbon fiber ‘Engine Diaper’ features an interior heat shield with a kevlar mat designed to help contain oil and debris during engine failure. Our lightweight restraint is designed for quick install and removal with front straps that wrap around the cylinder block and rear straps that hook to the frame. Your engine must be outfitted with one of our oil pans for fitment.
- Suzuki Hayabusa for the Pro Street Oil Pan / All Years
- Suzuki Hayabusa for the 1″ Oil Pan / All Years
- Suzuki GSX-R1000 for 1.5″ Oil Pan / (2001-2008)
- Interior Heat Shield rated to 400 degrees
- Kevlar Mat
- Easy Install
- Quick Removal
- Weighs 1lb. with straps
- Made in the U.S.A.
- The mesh bag holds absorbent material which can be replaced. Suggested refills are commonly available from auto supply stores. (3M Oil Pig cloths)
XDA / Man Cup Approved
- An Engine Restraint is required in Pro Street, Real Street, Pro Xtreme, Bulls and 4.60 Index classes.
- Man Cup requires an Engine Restraint in all classes.
What is the Function of an Engine Diaper?
An engine diaper, also known as an engine containment system or engine containment device, is a safety component designed to prevent debris and fluids from escaping in the event of engine failure or a serious accident. It is commonly used in high-performance racing vehicles, such as dragsters, funny cars, and certain types of race cars.
In high-speed racing, particularly with powerful engines, there is a risk of catastrophic engine failure, which can lead to parts of the engine or other components being expelled at high velocity. The engine diaper is a specialized barrier made from strong and heat-resistant materials that surround the bottom of the engine, extending to cover the sides and front of the engine. In case of an engine failure, the diaper is intended to contain any flying debris, broken parts, or fluids within the protective enclosure, reducing the risk of harm to the driver, other vehicles, or spectators.
The engine diaper is just one of several safety measures used in motorsports to minimize the potential hazards associated with high-speed racing.