The K&P Engineering filter element is made from medical grade, type 304 stainless steel micronic filter cloth to provide unmatched protection against oil contamination and resultant engine damage. A one-inch square of this material flows an incredible 1.9 gallons of oil per minute at only 1 PSI pump pressure. The adhesive used in the filter assembly process is good to 600 degrees Fahrenheit, far above normal engine operating temperatures.
A super strength nickel-plated neodymium rare earth magnet is installed on the top of the element for magnetic pre-filtering of the oil. The sophisticated bypass is engineered for proper differential pressures and consistent operation, delivering a greater percentage of filtered oil while being very easy to clean.
The twist-lock design assures positive filter element placement and allows for easy disassembly, inspection, and cleaning. The quad-ring gasket doubles the seal between the filter and the engine. Finally, the filter housing is carved out of a solid chunk of 6061T6 billet aluminum, which looks trick and aids in dissipating heat.
- Woven stainless steel filter cloth
- Provides up to 7 times more oil flow from stock
- Reduces Bypass Operation
- Provides Faster Oil Pressure at Startup
- Reduces Oil Pump Drag for Potential HP Gains
- Nickle plated rare earth magnet provides additional filtration
- Billet aluminum housing aids heat dissipation
- Inspect filter for contamination in seconds
- Environmentally Friendly: Clean and reuse… Lifetime oil filter.
|S1 Oil Filter Specs
||S2 Oil Filter Specs
K&P Engineering: Oil Filter Cleaning
- Ensure the quad ring is fully seated in the housing groove and lube with clean oil before installation. A quad ring can normally be used for several oil changes.
- Torque filter to either factory specs or 18-20 lb ft, whichever is less