DME Racing is currently seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented, individual with a strong background in Manual Machining.
We are a growing motorsports manufacturing company located in Winston-Salem with a second location opening in Mocksville, NC, within the next year. We are looking for a skilled machinist that wants to be a team player who will do whatever it takes to win for you, your team and the organization. We are a close-knit family-oriented environment looking for someone with that ‘to what it takes’ attitude, knowing that hard work is rewarded.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 2 years of machining experience, Associates degree, or training certification preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, memos, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform basic calculations with numbers between 0.0001 and 0.1
- Ability to convert between metric and US standard units of measure.
- Ability to understand and carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables
- Ability to use standard problem-solving methods
- Ability to effectively use tools such as the following: depth gages, bore gages, height gages, feeler gages, micrometers, calipers, deburring tools, die grinders, and drill presses.
- Knowledge of how to operate lathes and milling machines
- Math skills to take precise measurements and make calculations
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours continuously during a shift.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs alone, or 70 lbs with assistance, repeatedly over an 8 hour shift
- Ability to push or pull up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to see or have vision corrected with glasses/contacts to an evaluated level of no worse than 20/35.
- Uses blueprints, sketches, drawings, and/or job instruction sheets to produce dimensions and tolerances of finished work-piece and setup requirements.
- Cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, machining centers, drill presses, and drill machines.
- Utilizes a variety of measurement tools and methods to evaluate finished parts against specifications.
- Reworks parts that don’t meet specifications.
- Confers with supervisor, engineers, and production personnel to resolve machining problems.
- Updates work order cover sheets, daily production sheets, status sheets, and quality records.
- Participates in regular communication among peers and Team Leads to maintain productivity and solve problems as they arise.
- Operates with the close attention to detail required to meet print specifications, down to 0.0002 in tolerances.
- Maintains standards of organization and housekeeping of work area.
- Other assigned duties
- 401(k) matching / Flexible schedule
- Bonus pay
- 8 hour day shift
- Monday to Friday