DME Racing Now Hiring – Fiberglass Technician
DME Racing is the leader in motorcycle performance parts manufacturing and is seeking to expand our production team by hiring an associate with fiberglass parts experience, and leadership skills to manage and complete projects between Mocksville, NC and Winston-Salem, NC.
A Fiberglass Technician should be an experienced self-starter with strong problem-solving skills. This technician will be able to identify and find solutions to manufacturing issues related to safety, quality, delivery and process with minimal supervision. The person will support the fiberglass operation with process control, tooling, and equipment in day-to-day production and assist with additional process improvement projects.
We are a growing company looking for a someone who wants to be a team player who will do whatever it takes to win for you, your team and the organization. We are a close-knit family-oriented environment looking for someone with the ability to grind it out every day knowing that hard work is rewarded.
- Fiberglass experience, 1 year of fiberglass manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to fabricate fiberglass parts from mold.
- Trim and assemble components
- Wet sanding and buffing gelcoat
- Ability to identify quality improvement requirements regarding both fiberglass imperfections and gel coat repairs, and how to repair them.
- Possess the ability to set-up production cell
- Ability to interpret drawings and perform quality adherence to meet specifications
- You should be dependable and show the capability to take ownership of projects
- Flexible, willing to take on other duties as assigned or as needed
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be able to pass random drug tests and initial background check
- Be able to lift and/or move up to 40 lbs., occasionally 75 lbs.
- Stand for an entire shift
- Repetitive motions of physical movement
- Wear a respirator as needed
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Read a tape measure
- Ability to read a blueprint drawing
- Experience in manufacturing
- Problem-solving skills
- Analytical thinking and sound observation skills
- A positive attitude and willingness to work overtime when required
HAND TOOLS, POWER TOOLS, AND SKILLS NEEDED:
- Electric and Air Drill
- Tape Measure
- Electric and Air Sander
- Band Saw
- Electric and Air Router
- Paint Brushes
- Electric and Air Grinders
We offer competitive wages, solid career opportunities, a large backlog of work & fantastic growth potential. The pay range is $14 – $19/hr, based on experience and a 90-day review.
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Bonus pay
- 10 or 8 hour shifts
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability